Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Basement Finishing Project - Demolition

The first phase of actual work in any home improvement project is demolition, as anyone who watches Extreme Makeover: Home Edition would know. So I got out my bull horn, donned a hard hat, safety glasses, and dust mask, grabbed a wonder bar, and charged screaming into the basement with my demo crew (me). It was pretty exciting.

I removed all the foil paper from the walls in the portion of the basement I was planning to finish, then rolled up the fiberglass blankets. Then I wrapped the rolls in the foil paper and stuck them in my garage, where they would occupy my parking space for a good 6 months. Finally, I used the wonder bar to remove as many of the nails as possible from the concrete walls. There were two that absolutely would not budge, so I left them in place.

That's it. I guess I also spent some time moving all the junk that we were storing throughout the basement into the furnace room area and stacking it carefully. Not really demolition, but necessary before actual work could begin.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home